Dr. Ryan Cho
BOARD CERTIFIED GASTROENTEROLOGIST
About Ryan Cho, M.D.
I served as a staff gastroenterology and hepatology physician for the military flagship medical institution at the San Antonio Military Medical Center, teaching and mentoring GI training physicians during my tenure.
I love the diversity in patient care that gastroenterology provides, from the variety of interesting diseases to the spectrum of procedures and patient care. I am drawn to the balance of preventive care and treatment to help my patients. I love that I am able to establish lasting relationships with my patients and manage their digestive health over time.
Do you have a focus/specialty within GI?
I enjoy all aspects of gastroenterology with a particular interest in GI oncology and pancreaticobiliary disorders.
What can patients expect?
I am grateful for the opportunity to help my patients achieve well-being in their health.
Outside of the Office
I enjoy spending time with my family, being active in the outdoors, trying new restaurants and traveling.
- Bachelor’s Degree – University of Florida
- Medical Degree – University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Internal Medicine Residency – San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship – San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium
Awards & Recognitions
- UT Health San Antonio Outstanding Resident Teaching award (2011 – 2012)
- James J. Leonard Outstanding Ward Attending Award (2013 – 2014)
- Air Force Commendation Medal for Outstanding Staff Physician (2015)
- Joint Service Commendation Medal for Outstanding Officer-in-Charge (2015)
- ACG Presidential Award (2016)
- Air Force Commendation Medal for Outstanding GI Fellow (2018)
- ACG Outstanding Presentation Award (2019)
- Air Force Commendation Medal for Outstanding COVID Response (2020)
- SAUSHEC Gastroenterology Staff Physician of the Year (2020 – 2021)
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Dr. Ryan Cho is available at the following locations: